I feel I need to start posting about my process in design; more for myself and evaluating how critical I can or need to be about my work. After several weeks of intense analysis of type I realize how having a fortified development process for whatever I do is beneficial in all senses. Here are some lock ups of a new logo I'm working on for the International Rescue Committee:
Here, I'm trying to achieve maximum ledgability. If you can tell the differences between these two, I commend you.
Before I came down to using Franklin Gothic for the logo type, I went through hundreds of fonts and typefaces (as some of you have seen). This is the culmination of 5 weeks of research and its only the beginning!